Tuesday 20 November 2007

Well hello again......has it been that long?
The last (and first) of my posts was back in June so I must have been too busy running to post anything new........
I have recently given up the 'carpet running' after a successful trip to John down in the south of france. I went down with wife and kids and managed to get 3 or 4 decent runs in with John and Anita (wife). The runs were a mix of off road trails and road runs around the fantatic countryside near Johns house. We were also introduced to a new gadget (garmin 205 forerunner) which I had to buy as soon as we landed back in England and this has motivated me to continue with my outdoor running. I didn't realise what I was missing - cold, wet, windy and downright miserable and we are only in November, bring on February and all the snow you can throw at me. I am now running 2 or 3 times a week outdoors with distances ranging from my short 7k run to longer 19k run which I did last week. I have run a number of different routes, however due to the time of year and the time of day I generally run (in the dark) they have all been on the roads. I am looking forward to longer days when I will be able to get on to the downs which are right on our doorstep. Anita is in training for next April's London Marathon so I need to keep up my running just to keep up with her.....not that I'm competative :)

Happy running

1 comment:

Johnny Dx said...

Nice to have you back Chip :)

Keep up the good work.