Friday 3 July 2009

Ticking over nicely

Not much to report other than having popped out the other side of injured - I fell off my bike!

I headed out to recce a section of The Bob Graham round earlier this week; I took it VERY steady, talked to anyone who'd listen and munched my snacks. The weather was sultry and sapping. I'd headed off fully hydrated, I necked a further 500mls of water and carried 1.25 lt. It wasn't nearly enough to be out there for 7:45. I drank from streams and seem to have had no after effects.

I feel really positive after this outing. I had strenght for the hills and stamina enough to convince me that, one day, a BG could be on the cards.

Other news seees the arrival of my race number for this year's Beachy Head run in October. I don't think I'll be involved in any other races but you never know...there's a slim chance I'll be in Sussex at the time of The Jack and Jill Downland Challenge...it would be nice to attack last year's time of 6:18 for the 30 mile out and back course.

No comments: