Saturday 9 June 2007

Slow, but sure...

I had meant to do this tomorrow till a family conspiracy blocked-booked my energy for a mountain- biking trip to La Couvertoirade.
So, the 10k I'd hope to do this week had to be today. I guess I was probably rested enough but I wasn't confident heading out the door.

The sun was blazing down giving 28 in the shade and there was little of that.

I'd decided to find a loop on the road in prep for September's half marathon.

I took plenty of water, some nibbles (which included an apple) and set off trying to find an economical pace.
All went well. The elevation was a little surprising (175m) but I was taking my own sweet time and found it a pleasure.
I broke the run at half way to drink and eat the apple then set off on the long climb home.

Not a blistering pace but I have to say that I'm pleased to have got back up to the distance especially in the heat and with the hills.

Mischief managed.




A hot sunny day...maybe not the right day to move up to 10k, but all went well despite elevation of 175m and 28 in the shade :)

No comments: