Monday 18 June 2007

The Mountains Are Talking

Had a great trot in the Welsh Hills a couple of weeks back, not too far Devils Kitchen through the Saddle at Tryfan then down to London Rock. A mini beast with a small pack and boots, but the weather was on myside, cloudy and cool. Having taken a soujourn from 42 degree daily temp what part of the Uk wouldn't be cool. The differential helped a great deal, hydration wasn't a problem and my legs were light. The scenery was inspiring, coming home made me realise how much I missed the green and the mountains.



The run up to the saddle (800m) was exhilirating, the countryside commission had placed granite slabs to create a mountain stairway. I'd come across something similar in the Hajar of the Musendam, the Shihi and cut a stairway in a particular exposed part of the mountain to link two villages some 2000 yrs back. By the time my mind wandered back I was 50m from the saddle with a burn in my thighs- happy days. The cloud had lifted from the peaks exposing both Brisley,Tryfan and the way through.

In a few days this part of town would be filled with runners competing in the welsh 1000. Maybe next year....

Time? long enough.

Distance? see time.

It felt bloody good.


Dave

1 comment:

Johnny Dx said...

Pegasus country. The land where eagles fly.